Saturday, September 8, 2012

8th Annual Recovery Fest & 3rd Annual BBQ Cook-Off



Well, this was not what I expected. :( This was a serious competition. Meaning… I thought I was going to going to be able to go up to people and say "Hey, what are you cooking there? Can I get some of that pork? Here is $3-$4" Nope! What you see here is:
Serious fussing
a team fussing with a wooden skewer and a napkin to make the perfect plate for the judges. The day was not a total loss as I did enjoy seeing all the various smokers and contraptions. I also did chat up a few people but, I went there thinking I was going to have a smorgasbord of BBQ meat. I did have on pulled pork sandwich from a local vendor that has permission to sell food to the public. To say it was "average" is being generous.

I did however pull in to the local butcher and he had aged tri-tip on sale so I plan to smoke that bad boy later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment