Friday, September 7, 2012

Goodbye to an old friend

wood insertfrontclose

I bought this "Masterbuilt" BBQ smoker back in 2007. I repaired it in 2009, then again in 2011. This year the freaking thing electrocuted me! Now granted it was probably due to my awesome electrical skills but for something that has as big of a heating element that it does it had awfully small wires inside. Now, if you are a part time "smoker" and you want and easy to set up machine that costs around $200 then they still make one similar. But make sure you

a. Keep it in the garage and make sure it is dried out before you put it away
b. When you clean it out on occasion be sure not to let water run down the area where the heating element connects to the box.
c. When you are cooking i would tin foil the area where the element connects to the back wall.

They still make this thing but not in stainless.


They also make a nifty new more expensive one. But I just could not bring myself to spend that much more not knowing if this thing was going to be an electrical nightmare like the last one.




No comments:

Post a Comment