Tuesday, September 11, 2012

First cook new smoker

The first cook in the new smoker was a triumphant success. The ribs were very good but my hunger and lack of experience with beef ribs drove me to pull them a tad early at the 5 hour mark. The rub I used was very tasty, I just used a bit too much of it. I will be posting my pork rub here in the future and you will see it has more brown sugar than anything else so you are hard pressed to over-apply it. On the other hand the beef rub I used is predominately pepper and I packed it on there pretty good so even as a pepper lover it was a touch much on certain bites but certainly not enough to make me not eat them. YUM!

Beef Rib Rub

Ingredients:


  • 3 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons table salt
  • 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 2 teaspoons mustard powder
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons chili or ancho powder
  • 1 teaspoon chipotle or cayenne powder


Preping food and spicesRemoving inedible skin w/butterknifeDone and yum!

Since I was setting up the new smoker and know people wanted to check it out I made a video review of the Smokin-It model #3. Well, not so much a review as a walk around. I will give it a proper review after I have smoked in it 10-20 times. It also show the various times in the cook cycle.



No comments:

Post a Comment